Friday, July 26, 2013

Presentation

Hello, my name is Pedro Carnicero and I am a physical therapist/ personal trainer from Madrid, Spain.
I have worked and lived in four different countries : USA, SPAIN, GERMANY, and BELGIUM. 
During my years of work and travel I have noticed the obsession that people have with sports, diet and pain. 
For example, every time I introduce myself to someone and I tell them what I do I always get asked either a question about how to lose weight/ how to gain more muscle, or about a pain they have. I most of the time give them an answer but to my surprise many of them say ¨well my trainer says something else¨, or ,¨ I read in such and such magazine that you have to do this and that to get bigger¨, or ¨my physical therapist says something else¨. That is when I ask to myself why the hell did they ask me in the first place if they already have the answer? But I guess that is human nature, we want as much information as possible. And that is one thing we have too much of today... INFORMATION
With the new technologies and Internet, today in age you can get or read about almost anything you want and that is where the problem starts. How do you know if what you are reading or getting is the truth? Well, this is the purpose of this blog: to talk about the TRUTH and dismantle the MYTHS that exist in SPORTS/ DIET AND PAIN because nowhere else are there more MYTHS than in these three subjects. All the information that will be given will be scientifically proven information about the subjects in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment